3/18/2016

Bargain hunter

This week on my travels I have been on a bit of a bargain hunt. On Monday I popped to a newly opened Dunelm near to us. Ive never shopped in a Dunelm before and I have been missing out! Bargainous homewares and the biggest assortment of bedding I've seen in any shop. With restraint I only spent £6 although I have my eye on their 'country heart' range which includes a PVC tablecloth - essential for protecting the dining table from the minions when they eat/create masterpieces.

I picked up some coasters and a small crate to put by the front door to keep all the post in one place. Mr T's first activity on arrival home from work is to rifle through the post searching no doubt for his most recent voucher, so in an effort to make the windowsill look less like a sorting office and a bit more streamlined the idea is to put the post into the crate.

Yesterday I popped into Primark, more for a mooch at what was on offer rather than to look for something specific. I've been living in my biker boots and trainers for the past few months, so saw a fab range of flats suitable for the spring. I broke away from my usual black and bought a pair in tan which will go with everything. This style comes in standard and also wide fit and are a brilliant £8.
A dove grey scarf also caught my eye, I always have a scarf to hand throughout the year, this scarf (£5) is really soft and very wide so perfect for snuggling up in. Finally I couldn't resist this Cars t shirt for H. He loves the film and can see this one becoming a firm favourite. Primark had a huge range of t shirts for little ones, minions, superheros, star wars, something to suit all. At the till I picked up this Star Wars bottle of water, perfect for O's football match I was heading to later in the afternoon.


What have you bought this week? Would love to see your purchases.


Friday Fabulous

6 comments:

  1. A good haul for the week! I can't believe how restrained you were in Dunelm, there are always so many lovely things in there. The post box sounds like a good idea, piles of papers and post everywhere is so annoying! Love the Primark shoes, will have to look out for those, and my eldest would go mad over the Star wars water bottle too. Thanks for linking up to Friday Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good comment you made it twice ;-) yes Dunelm has so much stuff I have my eye on such good value as well. Really enjoyed my first Friday Fabulous thank you for taking the time to read and to post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grr, laptop keeps crashing today. I'm desperately holding off investing in a new one :-/

      Delete
  4. Know the feeling my threenager spilt him juice on mine space bar sticks but still works. Just!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Dunelm! It's one of my favourite house-y bits shops, ours has a nice cafe too which is very child friendly so always a winner. Love the shoes and scarf too, I'm in need of a primarni haul :) x #FridayFabulous

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS