3/31/2016

Playdoh, and me.


Playdoh, plasticine, salt dough whatever you want to call it or however you make it is, for me, the stuff of nightmares and every pre-schoolers idea of heaven.

In over 10 years of working within the early years I have yet to find a child who doesn't like playdoh.

If the under 2's aren't eating the stuff, the older kids are stepping in it, sitting on it,  creating all sorts of 'models' with it,  don't get me wrong I am the first to encourage creativity in children but for goodness sake the stuff is a flipping nightmare.

It goes EVERYWHERE, and I mean everywhere and when you think you have cleaned it all up a tiny b*****d speck of crusty playdoh appears in a room your threenager didn't even enter.

In my home I have given the playdoh it's own table but the bloody stuff still creeps around the house, but not immediately, oh no. Nobody puts the lids on the pots back on properly so gradually overnight the stuff that has stuck to an unsuspecting sock hardens and in the morning more flecks of it have appeared.

My darling husband bought the threenager fluorescent tubs of it which is even worse as I can't even pretend to ignore it when blobs of it are glowing at me in the face. It's an OCD nightmare for me.

I am OCD diagnosed and the flipping playdoh does not help one bit.

I have tried hiding the playdoh box from my threenager but he always finds it. I've suggested that playdoh is something he really really loves to do with his friends AT NURSERY. He's not having any of it.

Now Spring is approaching, sort of. Perhaps playdoh could become an outdoor activity in a similar way that sand and water are. I actually know some childminders who have sand indoors WTF? Are they actually insane? After playdough, sand has got to be the next worst thing on the planet.

Enough of my playdoh ranting, perhaps its time for a trip to the toyshop to find alternative creative activity and definitely move playdoh into the garden.

And breathe...


Cuddle Fairy
Friday Fabulous

10 comments:

  1. Oh dear! This is something I am going to have to look forward too I guess! I think I might like to play with it myself but I don't think I'll like the mess element! My house isn't spotless though so I think I might cope! #BloggerClubUK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment TwoTinyHands I've hidden the playdoh!!

      Delete
  2. Our dogs eat it. At least you can find their business to clear it up 😱

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my life in a nutshell! :) Dam that play dough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I was cursing playdough the other day over Easter break. I let the kids take it out to keep them busy for an hour so I could do some blogging. The stuff was everywhere! Little pieces all over the place. I brushed them down & cleaned it up. But I still am finding bits all over the house & stuck to their clothes. Why do they make it so crumbly? There must be a way to make something that won't break into pieces. Anyway, rant over - I agree with you completely! lol Thanks so much for joining us at #bloggerclubuk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cuddlefairy, I'm still finding bits of it in the cracks of the floor. Drives me insane!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heehee, I feel your pain! It does go EVERYWHERE, doesn't matter what you do. Outside with a tuff tray could definitely be the way to go... Thanks for linking up to #FridayFabulous

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS