4/15/2016

Baker Days cakes





The lovely folks over at Baker Days contacted me via Twitter and asked me if I would like to sample one of their cakes. As a cake enthusiast I jumped at the chance. I'm sure Mr T thinks I spend my days having coffee and cake at different coffee shops around the county!

So when I realised the cake would be popping through my letterbox, yes you read that correctly, cake through the letterbox. I was thrilled!

On the Baker Days website they have a simple ordering process. First off pick your category, from birthday cakes to good luck cakes to one direction (squeal) cakes there is such a huge selection.

Then choose your cake size from 4 different sizes; letterbox size serves 3-4, small party cake to serve 10-12, medium serves 18-25 portions, the large cake 40+ which comes with a free helium balloon.

The prices for the cakes are £14.99 for the letterbox size, £27.99 for small, £37.99 for medium and £57.99 for the largest cake.

Now for flavours, Baker Days cake offer vanilla sponge, chocolate chip sponge for an extra £1, gluten/wheat or dairy free cake for an extra £2, or fruit cake for an extra £3.

The next step is to decide if you want your chosen cake personalised, either with text or a photo, or both! Finally chose your delivery method from £3.99 for first class postage. Next working day delivery is available.

So I chose a letterbox size cake in vanilla sponge with personalised text. Mr T and I have been married for 2 months this week so I chose this cute scrabble tile design with a personalised message.

Photo credit my own
Photo source Baker Days

Photo credit my own

Our cake arrive safely in a lovely keepsake tin, I was at home when my delivery arrived so I our cake didn't come through the letterbox but it was packaged so well I've no doubt it would have been in one piece had it been posted through our letterbox.

The cake was delicious! So soft and fresh tasting with really light icing. I'm not a huge fan of icing as its usually too thick and rich but this icing was just a light layer enough to cover the cake and carry off your personalised design but not too rich at all.


These cakes are a great idea, I know my friends and family would love to receive a Baker Days cake for any occasion, they are a lovely alternative to flowers by post. I'm impressed that they offer a wheat/gluten/dairy free option catering for those who have dietary restrictions.

Baker Days can be found on Facebook on Twitter and contacted via Email












NEWEST POSTS

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS