4/17/2016

Come fly with me





Today was a gorgeous Spring Sunday, the boys and I took a trip up to Denham Aerodrome which is just ten minutes in the car from us. Not many people realise you can go up there and for no charge watch the light aircraft take off and land.

The aerodrome has a long history dating back to the earliest days of aviation. It is home to The Pilot Centre a flying school, Helicopter Film Services, The Crew Room Café, Biggles Restaurant and FlyingTV Ltd.

The Crew Room Café serves tea and coffee and light meals and provides a cosy place to watch the comings and goings of the aircraft. They do a lovely hot chocolate! On warmer days you can sit outside on the patio area and enjoy watching the action.


My boys love spending time at the aerodrome, the staff in the café are really friendly and welcoming. Today we watched a few aircraft take off and land, several planes refuel and then the boys ran around arms flung out pretending to be planes.

The aerodrome is easy to find and is located close to north West London and the Thames Valley. Parking is free and on a bright clear day you can expect to see a lot of action.

Photo source Denham Aerodrome







4 comments:

  1. There's little airport on the isle of wight, I must take the boy next time we are down he'll love it #bigpinklink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun! There is a local and private little airport here in our town and I have never thought about taking my kids there. I bet they would love it, especially my boy. I have a friend who wants to take us up in his "little" plane, but the thought of the heights and the little size make me nervous. So I think a visit to look would work nicely! Thanks so much for sharing this very harpy post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that sounds like a fun way to spend some time with the family, especially if the children enjoy watching the action, leaving you to enjoy a nice hot chocolate!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has just reminded me that I should really take my kids to see the gliders at our local aerodrome. Nice cheap day out. Thanks for sharing. Sarah #FabFridayPost

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS