5/02/2016

May Bank Holiday

How was your bank holiday weekend?

We ventured up to London on the train to enjoy the sunshine at the Princess Diana Memorial Park. We've never been before and what a find! The park is located next to Kensington Palace and is a tribute to Princess Diana who loved the innocence of childhood.

The park houses a sensory trail, teepees and a huge pirate ship for children to explore. You can bring your bucket and spade to enjoy the large sand pit that surrounds the ship.

The park is free to enter but at busy times when park has reached maximum safe capacity you may have to join the queue for admission. There is a cafĂ© with plenty of seating, area for picnics as well as toilets and a baby change room.


We had a wonderful time exploring everything this park had to offer. My youngest H who is 3 loved the pirate ship a great idea to stimulate imaginative play. Children were 'walking the plank' avoiding cannon balls and turn taking steering the ship at the helm. Who doesn't love pretending to be a pirate!

Also this weekend my boys received treat boxes from The Treatbox Company who produce letterbox size treat packages for children. Each box is themed, princess, pirate, football and contains 12 treat items such as sweets, a pencil, stickers, colouring book.

The Treatbox Company kindly sent us two boxes, pirate and football theme.


H was thrilled with his pirate themed box. It was addressed to him and as he is recognising letters this was very exciting. He enjoyed wearing the eye patch and playing with the large yellow yoyo balloon. The boxes are priced at £6.99 for the boys/girls sweet treats, football and pirate boxes. The princess and girls treat boxes are £7.49 each.



O received a football treat box. He also loves the yo yo balloon and the stationary went straight into his school pencil case. Thumbs up from both my boys.

If I were to order some I'd use them as a reward particularly for my threenager who is partial to a tantrum or two on a daily basis.


They are a lovely little idea perhaps suitable for a new big brother or sister or for a child who is in hospital or just because!



The Treatbox Company can be found on Twitter and you can order online here with free Uk shipping.

On Monday I managed a couple of child free hours at the shops thanks to Mr T. I mooched around a bit and found myself buying for the children. My boys are football enthusiasts and with Euro 2016 around the corner - so they tell me - I thought I'd get some football wear. The full replica kits as worn by the England team are hugely expensive. I found some fun lightweight t shirt and shorts sets in H&M.

Photo credit H&M
The pieces start at £2.99 for the shorts and size up to age 14.

Today Mr T and I did something we've been meaning to do for ages. Our elderly neighbour invited us in for a cuppa ages ago, she has a live in carer and they are both such lovely people. So today we called round for tea with the threenager in tow. Our neighbour is in her 80s and is an amazing lady with some exciting stories about training to be a nurse 'back in the day'.  She showed us around her garden and H was spoiled with cake. I think its important to look in on elderly neighbours even if they seem to be coping, its nice to have a chat and offer help. We will definitely do it again.

Lastly I wanted to share this photo, it made me think of a typical bank holiday weekend where is does nothing but rain. The rain held out until Monday afternoon so I managed to get my washing out and dried. If I thought 10 years ago I would be excited about drying my laundry I know I would have lost the plot. How things change when you are a parent!

This made me laugh


Have a great week!!
If you want to you can find me on TWITTER, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM or email me here.



*We were kindly sent two Treat Boxes for the purpose of this review. All views and opinions are my own.










Family Fever
Diary of an imperfect mum
Monkey and Mouse

NEWEST POSTS

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS